My daughter Aria is waaaay into fishing and she wanted her own boat. So I said sure, and let her take a spin with the remote-controlled Radio Ranger III. This twin-screw freshwater battlewagon comes with a fishing pole, controller, fishing rig, extra props, boat stand, a battery charger, and even batteries. You clip the fishing rig to a knob on the transom, bait up, and then use the boat to catch fish up to four pounds. As far as my daughter is concerned, this is by far the best RC fishing boat ever!
Best RC Fishing Boat: Radio Ranger III Review
The Radio Ranger III is surprisingly fast and actually breaks a plane, and it’s also pretty darn easy to control—Little Aria had no problem running it over to a downed tree, where we suspected some crappie or bluegills would be hiding. The rig has a bobber that floats as long as the boat is at rest, but when the boat’s running the bobber gets pulled under water. You also have to be careful not to drive into leaves or weeds because they can wrap the props around the props.
I would like to point out the RC fishing pole just because me and my daughter had such a hoot with the Radio Ranger III. If you and your kids are already into RC boats and want to step it up a notch, give the RC fishing pole a try. It will essentially turn any RC boat into the ultimate fishing rig.
- GO FISHING WITH ANY REMOTE CONTROL(r/c) BOAT!
- Can be put on any R/C BOAT
- THE ORIGINAL, NEW way to go fishing!
- Drive your bait around any lake with the push of your remote control, attach a bobber, "bammo" fish hits, line disconnects, reel it in!
- 2.4 GHz
- 34″ Speed Boat
- Radio transmitter with included batteries
- 7.4 Volts 1500mah battery pack and charger
- 20-30 min run time
- Rc fishing pole with fishing rig
- Retails for about $110
Radio Ranger III Pros & Cons
- 34" Remote Control " Radio Ranger ll Model" Catch Real Fish!
- Catch any size fish! Variable Speed
- Everything included ready to go fishing rc boat! Boat, The RC Fishing Pole, 7.2V-1800mah boat battery, Pistol grip transmitter w/batteries, wall charger, boat stand, extra propellers, fishing line, bobber, and fishing hook included
- 300-400 foot range
- NOTE-PLEASE USE UNDER ADULT SUPERVISION IF UNDER 14-REMEMBER THE SIZE OF THIS, ALMOST 3 FEET LONG, AND ELECTRONICS. THIS PRODUCT REQUIRES READING THE INSTRUCTIONS THOUROGHLY TO AVOID SIMPLE TECHINICAL PROBLEMS-ESPECIALLY BATTERY CHARGING 5-6 HOURS (NOT OVERNIGHT)-THE 8 AA BATTERIES MUST BE PUT INTO THE REMOTE CONTROLLER "PROPERLY" IN ORDER FOR THE BOAT TO WORK. PLEASE CALL US FOR ANY TECHINICAL ISSUES AS THESE ARE USUALLY SIMPLE TO TROUBLESHOOT.
- Catches Fish
- 30 min run time
- Realistic speedboat design
- Great fun for the family
- Hope you don’t catch anything bigger then 4 lbs.
All in all we thought the Radio Ranger III was a heck of a deal. We didn’t catch a darn thing on test-day but we had a boatload of fun, anyway. The boat looks realistic like a serious speed boat, so dig that old GI Joe out of the attic, tape him in the boat, and play like you were eight again. But remember, give your kid a turn once in a while, too. If your looking for one of the best RC fishing boats on the market, give the Radio Ranger III a spin, I guarantee you won’t regret it.